Wednesday, August 1, 2012

No More Tube!! Well Maybe :) Still a Big Day!!

Well as the title says..... today was a HUGE day!! :) AS you can see above I am SUPER excited!! Just kidding. :) I was really tired up there, but anyway you want to hear the news???? No??? Really?? Ok fine then Bye!!!


OK just Kidding again! Anyways the news is that No more tube feeds for me!! PERIOD! DONE! Since 2 am last night they put me on a program where they only feed me when I wake up and say HEY FEED ME!! So now I HAVE to eat out of the bottle, and almost 24 hours in I am doing GREAT! AND this also means its time to say bye bye to my feeding tube stuck in my nose collecting all kinds of nasty boogers!! Bye Bye tube, you will be gone when I wake up tomorrow!! :) It's about time too!. So that means I am now REALLY close to being let out of here! All I gotta do is keep gaining weight and everything will be A-ok! Now I also had my brain test today, but the results were not in at the moment so we must wait till tomorrow! And as far as news goes that my friends was about it! Today it was just mommy and daddy time and I was SUPER tired when they got in so daddy got on his gown and held me :)
Dad you really look tired WAKE UP!! And Wow mom REALLY, for the 5th day in a row you have jumped in on someone else's picture Shesh!!! But don't worry mommy it's ok, only because you got really pretty blue eyes just like me!! :) And yes that was really about it for the day. My feeding got changed because now I eat when I want and I was not hungry when mommy and daddy got in so I just slept for the entire 45 min daddy help me! So of course mommy and daddy had to go home :( Well Goodnight guys :(
Ah but WAIT! As soon as you laid me down I WOKE UP!! Ha!! I fooled you guys! And now I am hungry!! Now I was not weighed yet either so mommy and daddy decided to stick it out and change me and weigh me in the scale for the first time!! Daddy got my clothes off and mommy changed my butt (Which is almost all the way healed now!) And then daddy dropped me on the scale!! See below!
Can you see what I weigh above??? Yep 6 pounds 15 1/2 ounces! So I only gained a half an ounce but everyone said that is normal on your first day of just bottle feeds! So after that mommy got me all dressed and the nurse got to hold me and feed me while mommy and daddy did there goodbyes, for the second time :) Well it sure was a busy day, so if you could everybody just pray I keep gaining weight So I can FINALLY GO HOME!! :) I love you and and thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers :) See you tomorrow!!

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO THE OLIVIA REMY MEDICAL FUND CLICK THE "DONATE" BUTTON BELOW, Thank you!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful news Olivia! And I'm sure you will continue to gain. After all... you have already gained half a ounce. That is a start. At least it wasn't a loss. I'll be praying your brain test comes back good tomorrow too. Soon it will be more then just bye bye feeding tube. :-) Good night pretty little warrior princess Olivia and sweet dreams. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW look how big you are! I can hardly belive that just a few short weeks ago you were so tinny that your fingers looked like tooth picks.Before you know it you will be big enough to go home.Keep on growing we are all waiting for you. Love you Grandma XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete