Monday, May 6, 2013

It's HERE It's March of Dimes Walk For Babies Week!!


Hello everybody!! Wow what a wonderful week!!!! This week was my first EVER walk for the March of Dimes!! Now if you have been reading this blog for the past 4 months you have no doubt heard me mention that I have a team of very special people that were raising money to donate to Preemie babies and the March of Dimes Walk For Babies event. Now my team consisted of Me of course, My mommy and Daddy, My Auntie Vicki and Uncle Terry and even Cousin Sammi, My Auntie Krista and Auntie Jade and Dominic, my brother Jayce and his brother Jordyn, My God Parents Amber and Chad, and their friends Sarah and O.C. and even there little one Remy! (Hey he stole my middle name!!) Also Jordyn’s Step Mama Kalia Joined in on the fun too!!! First of all I would have to say THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! We raised over 500 dollars to donate to the March of Dimes!! And considering this is my first year doing this, I think we all did a VERY good job you ALL deserve a big hug and a pat on the back!!!! And once I can do either of those things you will get one!!! :) So once again thank you all!! AND a very BIG special thank you to Amber and Jade, because you two basically ran this whole thing and I could not have done it without you!!! :) They both even had T-shirts made for the big event!! And even I had my one very special one too!! See below!!
Here is God Mommy and Real Mommy! And of Course me Duh!
Here Is Auntie Jade and I.
Here is Mommy and Auntie Krista!! Hey where am I in this picture!!
Here is Kalia and good ole me!!
Here is Auntie Vicki and I!! Oh and Uncle Terry back there too!
And finally here is Uncle Terry Holding me!!
It was such a perfect day for a walk in Seattle! The weather was probably the best it has ever been in my short life and I sure loved being outside for an extended amount of time! We all rode down there with my god parents and once we got there that’s when I noticed that my whole team was there and ready to go!! Mama brought a stroller for me that I got to sit in for the first time with no car seat attached!! I was all buckled up just itching to get out and see the city! I noticed there were soooooooooooo many people there too!! Probably close to 5 thousand individuals that just want to do their part to help preemies everywhere :) You all should be very proud of yourselves! They were all there to march for a preemie that they knew or that was close to them as well, and some were even there just because they knew in their hearts that preemies need all the help they can get!! You all brought a very big smile to my very little face :)
Here you can see the sign that the March of Dimes made just for little ole me!!!
Now when I was just a little itty bitty preemie it was real hard to not notice that I was not the only one there, at one point in time there were over 50 babies lying in their boxes near me in the NICU. We all ranged from different ages, weights and problems. Some of us just needed to be in there for a few days, and some of us wayyyyy longer! I was personally in for 99 days but I know for a fact that some were in there close to a year almost!! Yikes! And as for my 99 days there I had constant care from nurses and Dr’s 24 hours a day, if my monitor ever went off or I started to cry or even needed a diaper change I had someone there within minutes to come and save me. This is probably why mommy and daddy felt ok with me being there after a while because they knew I was getting the best medical attention in the world at the time. A lot of the reason I am here today writing this awesome blog that you all know and LOVE is because of the March of Dimes! Every year they raise millions of dollars just to give it to hospitals like the one I was in to help out with all our medical care and the constant attention we all needed! 30 years ago this was just not possible, and the mortality rate for someone of my size was not good at all :( But now I can gladly say everyone is doing everything they can daily to help us out! Yes my preemie friends and I decided to come into this world early because we were eagerly excited to meet our friends and family, little did we realize that our little bodies needed our mama to help grow us. But once we were delivered and was welcomed to the world the technology was there to save us and let us grow :) I basically owe my life to Tacoma General and the March of Dimes so EVERY year I will be doing this walk so I can make sure EVERYONE is aware that preemie babies happen daily, and they ALL need our help just as I did last May :) So for the third time THANK YOU ALL and it was an honor to have you all walk for little ole me and preemies everywhere :) Tomorrow some preemie will get the chance to come home just as I did and it’s all because of you guys: )
Now the walk was VERY fun! It lasted just over 2 hours and it consisted of a LOT of sights and sounds I have never experienced and  a whole bunch of new people to meet! In fact I have NEVER seen so many people in my life! I stayed in my little stroller all strapped up while mommy and daddy took turns walking me! I got to see Key Arena, the Seattle Center, the Experience Music Project  the Monorail and EVEN the SPACE NEEDLE!! And WOW is that thing huge!! I also noticed how amazingly tall all the buildings were around me, it was like fifty bajillion of my houses all stacked on top of each other!! I had so many things to look at, that at one point I was so overwhelmed I fell asleep!!! Ugh how disappointing was that! The star of the show was out for the count! But once everyone rounded the walking route and was heading back I woke up again and I got to take everything in again once more! I LOVED IT!! And next year we are going to make this even bigger!!! I am going to personally try my hardest to reach our goal of 2 thousand dollars for next year, heck I will go door to door and call peoples houses If I have to!! :) Again I had the funnest time ever, and it was awesome to be surrounded by all kinds of people with the same goals and intentions as mine :) I love you all and THANK YOU!!!
Well that was the major even of the week! But of course that was not the ONLY thing that happened. I made major strides towards crawling this week!! I can now get on my hands and knees and kinda hop forward!! So MAYBE JUST MAYBE this will be the week I make a real crawl!! God I hope so!! I wanted to be off and crawling before I turned one and that means I have only 5 days left to accomplish this!! Yikes I better get a move on! I slept waaaaaay better at night this week, mostly because I am feeling a lot better! Heck even last night I didn't wake even ONCE! Yep! For the like the 4th time in my life at home I slept through the night!! Lets see if I can do back to back nights, wish me luck on that one!! Other than that no more news to tell, still have only the 4 teeth and I still love my mum mum's!! :)
After the my March For Babies walk my god parents took me home with them so mommy and daddy could have a couple hours to themselves :) I didn't do much there, in fact the ONLY thing I did was take a looooong nap. So long in fact that Amber had to wake me up just to take me home! Once I got home we all had a BBQ and Movie night! And that means I had an Oatmeal and off to my crib for the Night ugh... Adults get to have all the good food and fun :( OH well it was a VERY busy day for me and I needed my rest anyway, I was getting real cranky towards the end of the night and I HATE when people see me at my worst :) The next day we all took a trip to Grandpa and Grandma Moisio's house!!! But before that we all went out to breakfast! As you can see below I stole my Grandpa's sunglasses So I could be more styling than him :) See Look!!
After we visited Grandpa's house we all went to Garage sales, which I think is Grandpa's favorite thing to do!! It was awfully fun spending the day with you guys and thank you again for having us over :) I Love you both!!! :) And that ladies and gentleman was my week!! And now I got some MAJOR news for you!! As I was saying earlier in 5 days I will be turning 1 and in fact on saturday its gonna be my birthday party!! And with that the following monday will be my LAST regularly scheduled blog post :( I know its been on crazy ride with me every week, and most of you will be upset and miss me, but the orignal purpose of this blog was to keep you all up to date on my well being and my life being a preemie. Well I think its safe to assume so far that I am A'ok and I am progressing just fine :) With all that being said, I still will have an itch to get on here from time to time and tell you all my news. So to save my posts from being ultra repetitive I will only come on here to report huge news or brand new achievements :) I will have either my Mamma or my God Mommy Amber post on their Facebook accounts when there is a new post so everyone will be in the know :) I truly loved doing this for all for you and I sure am gonna miss it. But I am at a point right now where my life is pretty normal and every week seems to to be the same as before. I will probably keep this going for the next 5 years or so just to keep you all involved with my life from time to time :) After that who knows, maybe I ll just delete everything and pretend this crazy blog never happened!! Hahaha ya right I cant do that, I have had 42 thousand visitors since the beginning and I think I would have ALOT of upset people :) Either way thank you all for enjoying this ride with me its been a blast conversing with you all from week to week since I have been home :) Now don't forget next week is my birthday and make sure you all pray that I can get this crawling thing nailed before then :) I love you all and again thank you for all your support and love :)
Finally before I go this week was a very tough one for me and my family, you see that orange poof of fur up there?? Well his name is Oscar, and he was my first real interaction with a doggy!! He was my mommies very good friend and the protector of my family, and sadly he had to go join his friends in doggy heaven :( This was the first real loss I have experienced in my life, and I am really sad, but poor ole Oscar was sick and just needed to finally feel peace. So Oscar I just want you to know that I will always remember you and love you sooooo much. Thank you so much for being such a loyal companion to my my mommy and always keeping safe watch on me and my family. We all will miss you dearly and I love you with all my heart and I'm grateful for the time we shared together :)

Oscar Bishop
9/23/03 - 5/4/13
Good bye buddy and may you rest in peace....

I love you all and I will see you all next week for my LAST regularly scheduled post and don't you worry next weeks episode will be a good one because it will be all about my first birthday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment