Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Rough Day for Little Ms. Olivia :(


Ah ya Look at me up there ^ Im BUSHED!! :( Today I had my heart test for the lil hole in my heart... Dr. says I have 

Patent Ductus Arteriosus!!

Man on man I hate terms like that!! I mean look at that it sounds real bad! But really what I have is best described in Dr talk as this: 
It is abnormal blood flow that occurs between two of the major arteries connected to the heart. These arteries are the aorta and the pulmonary (PULL-mun-ary) artery.
Before birth, these arteries are connected by a blood vessel called the ductus arteriosus. This blood vessel is a vital part of fetal blood circulation.
Within minutes or up to a few days after birth, the ductus arteriosus closes. This change is normal in newborns.
In some babies, however, the ductus arteriosus remains open (patent). The opening allows oxygen-rich blood from the aorta to mix with oxygen-poor blood from the pulmonary artery. This can strain the heart and increase blood pressure in the lung arteries.
So enough with all the Dr. talk this basically means my hole may heal on its on or it may not, and if not the give me medicine to close my hole, and IF that does not work then they will have to do surgery. :( I really think the hole in my heart is the fact that I miss my mommy an daddy soooo much.. But they came today and made me feel better see mommy up there :) and as usual daddy got the pictures for me :) Today I also had a blood transfusion because my red blood cells don't work quite right just yet, but they give me Iron injections to make it so that it will eventually :) Now I told you all before I am here to tell you the truth about lil ole me and my journey, and now I may need you guys to send a lil ole prayer out my way to make sure I'm A'ok in the future SOOO DO IT!! PLEASE!! :) Mommy and Daddy need me HOME SOON!! They are going nuts without me!! And with that  I'm going to bed again I hope tomorrow things go back to normal (which is me sleeping all of course) :) and remember I may not know you all just yet, BUT I love you all !! ALWAYS!! :)



IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO THE OLIVIA REMY MEDICAL FUND CLICK THE "DONATE" BUTTON BELOW, Thank you!!!



4 comments:

  1. We love you little bear cub, Olivia

    Grammi and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to here that you had a bad day yesterday, but with all of our love and prayers i know that you will be strong and healthy in no time.love and kisses my little sweetpea your GRANDMA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my love bug. What a rough week we've had.
    Know that mommy and daddy are there every day.
    Will be there every day until you're home, and even better, there for you every day for the rest of our lives no matter what.
    I saw a news story about a baby born two weeks earlier than you and was only nine ozs. She's now four months old and weighs three and a half lbs and will be going home to her mommy and daddy any day now. It made me smile with joy to know that you'll be doing the same thing very soon! Your brothers and sister can't wait to meet you. Every day they ask when you're coming home. So hurry up, because they're starting to bug me lol
    Love you bunches!!!!
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. O little one. You are so tough and all these little bumps in the road help you to get even stronger. We all love you so much little one. Still praying every day for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete