Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Very Exciting News!!! It's a HUGE Day For ME!!!!!!!!!

YOU SEE!!! I FINALLY MADE IT OUT OF THE BOX!!! And NOW I have a plastic cage!!! :) I am on 100% room air and even though I have 4 layers of clothes/blankets on me I am doing A-OK!!! Man on man it has been 14 days of hoping that this would happen and it finally did!!! I am soooo excited!!!! :) But that's not even HALF of the big news of the day!! So let's go with weight next..... I am 6 pounds 4 1/2 ounces!!! that is an insanely HUGE gain!!! I will be 3 times my birth weight in just 11 weeks!! And that's STILL not all the big news, I also drank 51ML from the bottle last night and 41ML from the bottle today!! INSANE!!! It's like today I just figured it all out!!! Also the nurses and Dr's have already told my momma and daddy that they need to be prepared because I probably only have about 14 days left in my ICN care!!!! WOW oh WOW!!!! I knew it was gonna happen!!! Here you can see me and my new Halo Outfit just for Big girl Princess Preemie Babies, See below!!!
It looks funny but its fleece and keeps me nice and warm!! Under that I have my jammies on and a onesie, and over the halo I get my blankie, and I also have my hat so I am nice and toasty!! So how can this day get any better you say???? Well for starters my mama and daddy brought in my God Mother Amber!!! Whom has never seen me outside of my box!! So now She got to see, and hear me!! See Below!
She sure was happy to see how big I am have got!! She has never even heard all the crazy noises that I make now!! She loved on me as much as she could but the daddy had to step in for my care. (Thanks a lot dad I was being loved on!!!) First he took my temp which was only 36.2C, Which is NOT good! If I cant stay above 36.5C I will be back in my plastic box!! So the nurse stepped in worried and took my temp and she got 36.4C.... They were starting to think it maybe the AC in the room so they called in some people to take a look at it and brought me in a heater just in case :) So far so good. To be on the safe side daddy put me in a new longer onesie, and new pj's to get and keep me warmer :) He changed out my probe and got me all wrapped up for my mama who was gonna hold me :) AND She was also told she gets to feed me too from a bottle!!! :) Yay!!!! See Below!!
Now mind you I was really sleepy so I was only able to eat 8ML :( but who cares I did so well earlier its not that big of a deal :) So they just put the rest of it into my feeding tube! Then it was off to bed for this growing princess :) Thank you mama for trying :) I really love it when you hold me, and even my god mommy got to see it and love on me too:) Ah happy days :)
And now as you can see it's nighty night time :) And now ladies and gentleman the only things holding me back from coming home is that mama and daddy have to watch some special videos about how to take care of a preemie, I have to be used to room air for a week or so, I have to have my car seat test, and I have to start eating all my food from the bottle!! I sure do hope that I am off my oxygen tube by then!! Oye if I am not mama and daddy have to take the oxygen tank home with them! And we don't want all that extra work for them now do we? Anyways its bed time and I must go, and I THANK YOU ALL for all your prayers that sure have helped me get this far, I knew I could do it and especially with all your guys help!! And most of all thank you all for believing in this little preemie princess:) I sure do Love you all :) So goodnight world, see you all tomorrow!!

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO THE OLIVIA REMY MEDICAL FUND CLICK THE "DONATE" BUTTON BELOW, Thank you!!!

8 comments:

  1. I knew you could do it! I will see you tomorrow! !! I love you! !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo amazingly happy for you all for having such an awesome day (they're the best, they just lift your spirits)! I remember not believing when people told us "one day she'll just get it and then its a one way street home" but it really is! Miss Olivia knows home is close and is working hard to get there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm one of her 3 grandmas and all if the support and encouragement have been wonderful!!! She is soioo close!

      Delete
  3. Oh warrior princess Olivia just look at you go! I'm so proud of you! I had feeling today was going to be one of your best days. I love your new crib. Thank for explaining all your procedures and expectations. I'm praying for you. Sounds like your just days before going home. What a happy day that truly will be. Well you stay toasty and warm, sleep well and have a good night. See you here tomorrow. I love you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooooo happy. You are solo amazing. I always knew that you could do it. I always had faith in you. It's just a matter of time how and your days in the plastic box will be a distant memory. I love you and hope to see you real soon.Grandma XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the beginning of your amazing life people were worried you wouldn't make it but I knew you would. You are a strong princess and you have amazing will. That is exactly what an Evelhoch is. You are strong like your grandma Rolene and beautiful like your mommy. Hang in there sweetheart you'll be home in no time. Love you Livi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great news I am so excited for you guys to get her so close to home, I could not imagine all that all 3 of you having to go through with this but you all are so strong and this is so exciting... Keep it up little girl your one tuff cookie! I have been in aw of all of this... My best wishes to you guys

    Talitha

    ReplyDelete
  7. uncle joey im so glad that you are out of your boble i hope to see you soon byby

    ReplyDelete