Monday, September 10, 2012

Nice Quiet Week for Me with My Family :)

First things First!! Check out my new Poll to the right everybody and be sure to vote!! Now onto the good stuff! Well I have been out now for a little bit over 3 weeks, and I think I am finally getting used to the life outside of the hospital! I was so used to the schedule that the nurses had set for me when it came to eating at certain times and having my care done, that it took me a while to realize that I am going to eat when I am hungry NOT when the clock says a certain time. Same thing with diapers and such. Nurses would change me every 3 hours regardless if I needed it or not, now I get changed when the diaper is full, and that is change! Now if I could only get used to the sleeping cycle. Before it was very quiet in the my plastic box and very dull. Now there is so much fun stuff to stare at for hours and hours and listen to. I have found I am a huge fan of the radio and soft music! It makes me happy and calms me down when I am upset! But back to sleeping, you see I don't do too much of that very often. I'll spend one day fully awake the WHOLE day with a couple of cat naps here and there, and then the next day I will spend the majority of it asleep! I also tend to trick mommy and daddy by sleeping with my eyes open! ( I know it sounds odd but I guess that's something most preemie babies do!) So I still have some things I need to work on and get used to here, but I can also say I am pretty much the bottle master now! I had such a tough time the first week with eating, and now pshhh I am the greatest! I eat well over the 16 ounces a day they wanted me to eat. I am rarely spitting up now, and i am finishing my bottle's as they are given to me, not in a span of 3 hours like before! I seem to be eating a lot lately too and that is GREAT news because that means I am growing and getting super strong!! In fact I am growing sooo much that when mommy took me to my Dr. appointment I weighed 9 pounds even!!! I am now 4 times my birth weight!! How many babies can say that after 4 months of life! But then again if you took a normal baby growing at that pace we would be talking about a 35 pound baby and ya that would be ridiculous!! I am just trying to catch up to the average baby weight of a 4 month old and that is between 15-17 pounds so I still have a loooooooooooong way to go! But I will get there eventually :) As far as news goes that is pretty much it, so now let me tell you about my week!
Well After all the time daddy got with me in the last two weeks it was now Mommy's turn!! She stayed with me all week! And I sure did love every second of it!! This week was a big week because my brother Jayce and sister Alexis both started school! Jayce started on Wednesday and Alexis started on Friday, So for half the week it was just Mommy Alexis and I! But I did have my visitors too! I went over to my god parents on Monday for some labor day dinner!! I heard it was good, but alas I was not allowed to eat any of it :( I am still on my formula.... FOR NOW! :) Either way it smelled good! Good job on the chicken God Mama Amber!! Tuesday I had my Dr apt where they found out I gained weight up to 9 pounds!! Wednesday my Grandma Rolene came over to see me :) That made me very happy! Especially when I projectile vomited EVERYWHERE and she was there to clean it up!! Thank You Grandma!! Didn't mean to freak everyone out, but it was pretty epic!! Grandma and Sister made a scrap book with a whole lot of pictures of lil ole me! Wednesday was also goodbye time for Jayce :( I will miss you while you are in school big brother!! :) Thursday I went with mommy to go to my daddies work!! We all got to meet his co-workers and they were VERY happy to meet me!! (Even though I was a little bit fussy cause I was tired)  Friday we went over to Grandpa Andy's house to visit with him and my grandma Debbie! Friday was also the day I said goodbye to my big sister Alexis for the day cause she started school as well :( Good luck big sister! I love you!! Friday was ALSO the day all my siblings left for the weekend to be with their other parents :( Oh well that just means more mommy and daddy time! Saturday we made the trip out to Grandpa's AGAIN and we all went garage sale shopping!! I got myself a new car seat for daddies car and a baby gate for when I can walk, to keep me out of things! It was really fun spending all day with you grandpa!! Can't wait to do it again!! :) Sunday was FOOTBALL DAY!! So daddy and I sat in the big chair and watched all the days' games :) I was not feeling so good so I pretty much slept most of the day, but either way it sure was fun!! And that was pretty much it for my week!!
Ah look at me trying to figure out this crawling thing! I know its a little soon but I sure do love my tummy time!! Well that was pretty much my week in a nutshell guys! I will see you all next Monday to let you know about my little wonderful life! I sure do love you all so much and I cant wait to fill you all in next week :) I will close today's blog with a VERY goofy picture of me making a funny face :) Goodbye for now world!!
Mmmmmmmm Milk!! :)


IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO THE OLIVIA REMY MEDICAL FUND CLICK THE "DONATE" BUTTON BELOW, Thank you!!!



2 comments:

  1. You sure are a silly girl! Daddy forgot to mention the mess you made all over everything as we were leaving for Lexi's school. Goodness!!! I think the whole bottle came back up!!! It was like that evil girl in the exorcist!! Anyway!
    Miss you Livi bear! Be good for Grandma Berta! Please let her know if she has an appointment I would love to stay with you for a couple of hours too!
    Goodnight! Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ya little precious warrior princess! You look so cute in your last picture with the milk on your face and the little chubby cheeks. I'll see you here again next week. :-)

    ReplyDelete