Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween & My Dr's Appointment, Oh My!!!!

 Hello everybody!!! Well I sure did have a fabulous week and it all started of course with my first Dr. appointment in almost 2 months! Now this was a special appointment to check me on just about everything you could imagine, and this is of course because I am a preemie and I need extra special care and attention. So first of all can any of you take a guess on how much I weighed???? Well I weighed in at 12 pounds 8.6 Ounces!! So that means since the moment I was discharged until now (which is about 2 and half months) I have gained almost 5 pounds!! Insane!!! Now these aren't earth shattering numbers, but I am right where I should be (65th percentile) if I actually was born when I was supposed to. Now my total length was 24 1/2" long, which is VERY LONG for a 2-3 month old baby (95th percentile)!! So just like mommy and daddy I am going to be one tall princess!! Now all these fancy percentile numbers are for my adjusted age of 2 and half months old, not my real age of almost 6 months old. If we went by my real age I would be in the 15th percentile for weight (YIKES!) and 50th for length :( So we can’t use those numbers because it makes me feel small all over again :( Anyhow they got this big ole head of mine measured at 39 1/2 cm which puts me in the 65th percentile, so bald dome is just average in size, and from where I started It’s good to be average!!
Later the physical therapist person came in and checked my head , leg muscles and joint control, which of course I passed with flying colors!! They did this by sitting me down on my bottom and on my tummy to see what all my little body parts do. And I was able to support my own big head just fine!! My neck muscles are just fine for a lil preemie my age :)
See the pretty picture of me and my sister :) I love her sooo much! What was I talking about again??? Oh ya my Dr's appointment! Anyway the physical therapist person also checked my alertness by making noise in each of my head to see what I would do, and I passed that test too just fine!! Just ask mommy and daddy how often I respond to even the tiniest noise :) Hehehe! They also checked to see if I lift myself up or not, or at least try to and I sure do! I arch my back and everything trying to sit up all the time to see the big beautiful world around me! Eventually I will figure out how to sit up and I will be the happiest princess ever!! Finally they checked to see if I smile at familiar faces and voices, and of course I passed that one as well, especially with my mommy there because I smile at her all the time :)
Next the social workers came over and talked to mommy about how everyone at home is doing, and about having me at home finally and if she is happy or sad now. Of course the answer to that question was that she is happier than she has ever been! And everyone at home is doing great!! Hearing those answers come from my mommy really put a smile on my little face :) I am soooo blessed to have such a loving family :) They sure do put up with a lot when it comes to me!! :) The Dr also said I am a miracle child :) That's because for a child to be born as early as I was it’s VERY rare for there not to be some sort of signs of physical delays, such as heart problems, eye problems, hearing, or development and that I am truly a miracle child. :) Such kind words, thank you Dr!! And I am as healthy as a horse, and as happy as a clam!! (I learned those saying's from my hillbilly mama!!) Hehehe!
Finally I have no teeth coming in just yet :( And I sure do have A LOT of hair falling out :( But both should come in very soon :) I am going to stay on my current formula until January at the earliest :( So sorry mama and daddy you got to keep looking for my special formula still, oh well. Also I may be having re-flux issues again like I did when I was in the NICU so that is probably why I am so crabby all the time and throw up EVERYWHERE so often :( So if that gets worse than what it currently is, I will probably end up on my tummy med's again :( Also in a about a month or so I have to go in and get my shot for RSV and get boosters every 28 days after that ugh! No shots this time though! :)
Oh and I almost forgot, I have to stop sleeping on my right side :( Ever since the plastic box I used to call home I have slept on my right side since my left used to have the PICC Line in it, but now my head is going to end being an odd shape and size if I keep it up, so now it’s the left side ALL THE TIME! This is going to take quite some time getting used to but I am sure I won’t even notice it after a week or so :) So that goes out to you people, if you are holding me or feeding me or laying me down PUT ME ON MY LEFT SIDE!!! If you don't pretty soon my left ear will be next to my nose!! AND THAT WOULD BE VERY WEIRD!!! :) I don't want to smell my ear for the rest of my life so PLEASE watch where you lay me!!! Thank you!! :) This whole appointment took over 2 hours, but now you can see why, lots and lots of testing. And I aced this exam!! :) Thank you all for your continued love, support and prayers because I guarantee it sure helped me get to where I am today :)
Now for the rest of the week it was pretty much the same ole, same ole, with the exception of Halloween!! Now I had a choice between my kitty costume and my Ducky costume but we were going outside so mommy decided to pull out the ducky one as you can see above :) It was sure fun dressing up and seeing my brother dressed up as Spider-man, and my Sister Dressed up as ME!! A.k.a. a PRINCESS. Now they were all getting ready to do this thing called trick or treating and of course I was not allowed to go :( Dr's said I can’t be outside that long and I had to stay inside :( BUT I got to go over to my god mommy’s house and help her hand out the candy to all her trick or treater's! Which was mighty fun let me tell you I was the center of EVERYONE’S attention every time god mommy Amber opened the door!!! They all sure did love my ducky costume. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Moisio for the Awesome Costume :) But after an hour or so I got pretty cranky and hot so Amber pulled me out of my costume and it was off to sleep :)
Here you can see a picture of my brother and sister on their Trick or Treating adventure! Looks like you had a blast guys!! :) On Sunday I got to go over to my Auntie Jade's new place and spend the day with her!! (This was of course because mommy and daddy left me to go the Seahawks game!!!) So I just spent most of my day cuddled up with Jade making all kinds of new smiley faces while watching some football, oh and having little conversations with her youngest son Jordyn :) Eventually she drove me back home and it was time for dinner aka "bottle" then bed :)
Annnnnnd that was pretty much it for my week :) Lots of good news and lots of fun times, Just the way I like it!! The holidays are just around the corner now so that means a whole lot of new "firsts" for me! And holy cow I actually turn 6 months old this Sunday!! Which is the actually the same day as my grandma's 62nd birthday!!! And you know what else is crazy SHE WAS A PREEMIE TOO!!! We sure do have a very blessed and lucky family :) So again Thank You all for all you kindness love and support through these past 6 months :) As always it’s the love that keeps my family strong and keeps me going!! I love you all, and Goodnight :)
Bye Bye Everybody!!!
:)
 
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO THE OLIVIA REMY MEDICAL FUND CLICK THE "DONATE" BUTTON BELOW, Thank you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Another great weekend love bug, I wish there was more football games so I could watch you. We had a great time with you this weekend and you were so good for us! Well except for that one diaper I had to clean but that is ok. Sorry I won't be able to watch you this wkd we got tickets ourselves but I will see you soon pretty girl

    ReplyDelete