Monday, November 19, 2012

Learning New Things & Mama's Birthday!

Hello everyone! Did you all have a good week?? I sure did! It was not as crazy busy as last weeks week, but that was good because it gives me time to get a lot more rest for the next time 100's of people come and visit and of course for more growing! Now being 6 months old (aka 3 months old adjusted age), its hard to figure out what stuff I should know how to do vs. stuff that is still too early for me to do just yet. For example I was holding my head up just great the week I came out of the hospital, and normal babies can't do that till about their first month or so. But I had so much practice with my head early on I was able to figure it out quicker. Then there is stuff I should be doing at 3 months that I have yet to figure out, like sitting up! I can arc my back almost to the point of getting myself up, but I tumble back down to earth shortly after I try :( I can sit up in a chair if someone props me up, but I wiggle so much with my crazy legs I promptly fall right back down :( Now I believe if I would stop kicking my legs up and down so much maybe that would help me maintain balance but I just love kicking things lately and I can't stop its out of control!!! You should see me once I am in my bassinet, I kick so hard it makes a loud noise that everyone in the whole house can hear!! Heck it's so loud that it even startles me sometimes! Maybe Karate is in my future... :)
You know what's strange, I have read that the fact I can even begin to bring my body up on my own is way earlier than I should be able to, so I think my whole developmental cycle is always gonna be a little off. You just watch I will probably be able to sing the alphabet out loud before I am able to even walk!! Oye lets hope not! Then there are other things I should be doing more regularly that I just don't, one obviously is sleeping through the night, like 6-8 hours every night  and I ya I still cant do that one yet. I still wake up at least once a night and then the occasional all nighters with either mommy or daddy :( I am very impressed in how well the parents are able to handle all my night time craziness! Just the other night I woke up and didn't want any food just wanted to smile at daddy for 15 min before he finally gave up and put me back in my crib for the night again. Hey I am just a social preemie baby and needed me some loving time!!
Other things I am on pace for is learning to laugh. I have nailed the whole smile on command thing now. I can be pretty upset and then burst into my goofy smiles, but when it comes to laughing I am still working on that one. Mama will come over and make goofy faces at me and that gets me real excited, I start kicking my legs up and down and smile from check to cheek, but when it comes to making a laugh come out I just make a lil noise and then poof the laugh is gone :( Once I finally get my laughs to come out it will prob scare the heck out of people! I sure do have a lot of built up happiness inside of me that is just gonna explode out of me sometime soon, I can just feel it!! Or maybe its just gas!! Hehehe who knows either way watch out world, if sometime this week you think you hear an explosion or feel an earthquake it is probably just me either kicking my legs up and down all crazy like, or finally getting my laughs out!! :)
The other news of the week is that it was my mama's birthday!! Now I couldn't tell you how old she turned but my guess is she is about 18.... Ya that sounds about right :) I love you mommy sooo very much for spending almost all of your free time with me everyday :) And for putting up with me through all those months in the hospital where I worried you sick, and for all the nights I kept you up when you were trying to sleep since I have been home :) Your patience is amazing and I love you all that much more for it :) And thank you for always making me smile and trying to get me to laugh :) Oh and all the goofy noises and sounds you make when you talk and sing to me. There ain't a better mama in the whole wide world and I want you to know that!! So again Happy Birthday to my wonderful mommy :)
Now of course my mama had her birthday party at a restaurant, and it was pretty late at night, so I was not able to go :( Instead I was taken to my Grandma Berta's house and I got to spend the night there for the first time!! Which of course I slept for her through out the night! (I seem to be always on my best behavior when I go to someplace new to sleep!) It was mighty fun spending the night with Grandma Berta, thank you for having me over!! Can't wait to do it again!!
 And that was pretty much it for my week.  Like I said earlier pretty slow and peaceful week, but it was much needed :) Next week is Thanksgiving!! And that means a bunch of family are gonna come over and see me and my family!! I cant even begin to get into how many things I have to be thankful for in life, so I will save all that stuff for next weeks blog :)
 So like always thank you all for spending your time with me, maybe next week I will figure out how to giggle for mommy and maybe I can start figuring out how to actually hold on to my toy's with out the assitance of my mommy! (See above) :) I love you all and once again, Happy Birthday to my wonderful Mommy!!! Olive Loves You!!!
 Goodnight World!!! :)


IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO THE OLIVIA REMY MEDICAL FUND CLICK THE "DONATE" BUTTON BELOW, Thank you!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a great week love bug! See you for turkey day! Keep up the amazing work :-)

    ReplyDelete